Mental Health and Personal Development Services Incorporating Horses
Horse Sense for Humans provides a revolutionary approach that effectively impacts positive change by including horse’s unique intuition into mental health and wellbeing programs.
Because our programs are delivered in a natural, farm setting, it allows for the healing and restorative effects of time spent in nature which benefits both mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe in our clients and the unique abilities of our horses to unlock a person’s innate ability to find their own solutions, regain control of their lives, and create lasting solutions.
Our programs provide participants with a hands-on, experiential, approach for personal growth. The activities with the horses are uniquely designed to represent our real-life stories where the space and horses can become symbols reflecting one's challenges in life.
Our stories matter and when we change our stories and how we interact with the horses, the horses respond differently. This helps people see how their behaviour impacts on the outside world.
Horse Sense For Humans' programs are unique because we utilize a therapeutic team approach comprised of a Qualified Mental Health Professional, a Qualified Equine Professional and horses in every session. Our professionals are trained in the Arenas for Change (ARCH) and Eagala Model facilitation frameworks with over 14 years experience in delivering mental health and equine assisted services.
All session activities are ground based, which do not involve any horse riding and prior experience with horses is not necessary.
How Horses Can Help You
- Horses are social animals and they have defined roles within their herd.
- Herd relationships are similar to the relationships in people’s lives.
- Horses are highly sensitive and stay safe by paying close attention to their environment.
- Horses are naturally intuitive and sensitive to our non-verbal messages, even unconscious ones. This can lead to powerful learning and life-changing insights
- They sense people’s true feelings and react to that energy, giving immediate, honest, non-judgemental feedback.
- It takes work to connect with a horse and find a way to develop a relationship with them based on trust- the same as in our own personal lives.
- Horses have helped people who were not able to find help elsewhere
All activities are ground based. There is no riding involved and no prior experience with horses is necessary